At Goodhart Sons, Inc., we understand the importance of maintaining industry certifications for our customers. These certifications are crucial for developing high-quality equipment that meets safety and performance standards while complying with industry regulations. That’s why we’ve earned numerous certifications that verify our commitment to quality.
Goodhart Sons complies with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers’ (ASME’s) safety standards for the design, fabrication, and inspection of pressure vessel components, earning us our ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Certification (BPVC) for Section VIII Division 1. This certification requires rigorous third party audits and allows us to put ASME stamps on our products, indicating that they meet or exceed the organization’s standards.
Our ASME certifications allow us to participate in U-, R-, and S-Stamped fabrication:
- ASME U-Stamp Certification: The U-Stamp certification confirms pressure vessel quality.
- ASME R-Stamp Certification: ASME R-Stamps authorize organizations to alter or repair pressure-retaining equipment like boilers and pressure vessels.
- ASME S-Stamp Certification: The ASME S-Stamp Certification verifies that pressure vessels and boilers are manufactured according to ASME’s safety standards.
AISC Building Steel Fabrication Certified
The American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) established the AISC Quality Management Systems (QMS) Certification to establish quality standards for the structural steel industry and promote a focus on error prevention. Goodhart Sons has earned this widely recognized national quality certification, which asserts that we have completed the AISC’s Building Steel certification program, including rigorous evaluations and intensive third party annual audits. The certification verifies that our Quality Management System adheres to the AISC’s strict quality criteria for fabrication.
The American Petroleum Institute (API) is a standards-setting organization that establishes, maintains, and distributes oil and gas industry standards designed to enhance environmental protection, sustainability, and operational safety.
Our team designs, fabricates, and installs equipment according to the following API certification standards:
- API 620: A standard established for the design and construction of large, low-pressure welded storage tanks.
- API 650: This standard ensures that oil storage tanks are designed, manufactured, welded, inspected, and installed to ensure safety, environmental performance, and sustainability.
- API 653: The API 653 standard provides the minimum requirements for maintaining the integrity of aboveground steel storage tanks through proper inspection, alteration, relocation, repair, and reconstruction.
Additional Certifications and Capabilities
In addition to our ASME, AISC, and API certifications, we also have the familiarity and experience with the following standards:
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Standards: We are MSHA Part 46 certified, meaning we adhere to MSHA regulations regarding miner training and retraining.
- International Building Code (IBC): The IBC models the minimum public health, safety, and general welfare requirements for new and existing structures.
- Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) Standards: We comply with SMACNA Ductwork Construction Standards, which address duct construction and installation regulations for sheet metal and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industries.
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machining: We are qualified to perform hi-def CNC plasma cutting and beveling applications.
- American Water Works Association (AWWA): We have the capability of fabricating to the AWWA policies and standards.
Services From a Certified Fabricator and Installer
If you’re looking for a reliable fabricator and installer, Goodhart Sons is your solution. We’ve provided customers with steel fabrication and installation services for eight decades, making us the experts you can trust. Our AISC, ASME, MSHA, and other certifications ensure that we can fabricate and install your project to the most stringent standards.
Get a quote on our services today!