Why Goodhart Sons?
For over 85 years, Goodhart Sons, Inc. has partnered with companies and technology providers to get the job done right from concept to completion. See why these companies choose Goodhart Sons for their most complex fabrication and installation projects.
4th Generation Owned and Experienced Team
Goodhart Sons is proud to be led by the 4th generation of the Goodhart family, an accomplishment only 3% of family-owned businesses achieve. Meet our team of owners and leaders who keep Goodhart Sons focused on providing innovative solutions to our customers.
At Goodhart Sons, we believe that our safety record is a reflection of how we care for and steward our highly skilled workforce. Our goal is to mentor and train all employees to maintain a safe work environment.
Our safety programs include:
- New Employee Orientation
- OSHA – 10/30 hour course
- MSHA – Part 46 (above-ground)
- First Aid CPR/AED – Emergency Response
- Mobile Equipment certification
- Rigging Training
- Customer / Company site-specific training programs
- Safety Committee with representation from Fabrication and Installation Department Employees
Goodhart Sons, Inc.’s commitment to quality is evident in each and every project we take on. To maintain the highest levels of quality, our Quality Assurance personnel work in conjunction with all departmental areas as well with our suppliers.
Our Quality Assurance department implements in-house and customer-required hold points as well as initiates in-process and final inspections so that all customer and code requirements are met or exceeded.
Capabilities & Certifications
Goodhart Sons has the ability to design, fabricate, and install to API 650, and API 653 standards, International Building Code, SMACNA Ductwork Construction Standards, ASME and AISC construction standards. In addition, we are licensed to work in 44 states.
At our Lancaster, PA fabrication facility, we have over 175,000 square feet of production space and advanced equipment
We have always taken great pride in keeping up with current technology that allow us to provide the quality fabrication capabilities our customers have come to expect.
Goodhart Sons has served customers across the United States since 1935. As a premier East Coast-based steel fabricator, we specialize in steel fabrication and installation across the eastern U.S., however, have sent our Installation team nationwide to as far as the West Coast to provide premier industrial installation services.
Our certified fabrication team has the knowledge and experience needed to create and install equipment in all of the following markets in the Northeast and beyond:
- Power generation: We fabricate and deliver systems and components that serve the needs of traditional fossil fuel combined cycle plants and cogeneration plants energy generation.
- Alternative energy: Our team is dedicated to helping alternative energy plants get up and running by fabricating and installing everything from cyclones to silos to reactors.
- Aggregate/cement plants: We have extensive experience developing specialized equipment for the aggregate and cement industries, such as conveyors, tanks, pressure vessels, and more.
- Food and beverage: Goodhart Sons has fabricated and installed countless equipment solutions for the food and beverage industry, including ovens, coolers, melters, and mixing tanks.
- Steel mill and foundry: We take pride in our ability to fabricate complex components for the steel industry, from burners to hoppers to pulverizers, as well as large and complex duct systems.
- Pollution control: We’ve developed an intricate knowledge of how to fabricate and install pollution control systems like baghouses, precipitators, and oxidizers.
- Government: Our team works with government contractors to fabricate and install state-of-the-art equipment that defends our nation, such as ductwork, pressure vessels, and complex weldments.
You can see real-life examples of projects we’ve completed for companies within these markets by viewing our project spotlight.